Are you a fan of all things related to food?
Do you want to help out those who are less fortunate?
Well it's your lucky day! This holiday season will play host to Menu for Hope III, a fantastic fundraiser that represents the collaboration of food bloggers around the world (literally). A bunch of bloggers have donated items, and you can test your luck at winning the items by buying raffle tickets.
This year, the money raised will be donated to the United Nations World Food Programme.
Click here fore the main Menu For Hope III page, hosted on Chez Pim.
Here at Fifth Flavor, we're happy to be offering the following prize:
PRIZE CODE UW07
This lot includes two bottles that are very special to me:
- 2002 Medlock Ames Cabernet Sauvignon, Bell Mountain
- L.A. Cetto estate-grown olive oil, Baja, Mexico
This is the inaugural vintage of Cabernet Sauvignon from Medlock Ames, a fantastic, young winery in Healdsburg. According to the winemaker, "This dark and intense Cabernet exhibits the classic plum and blackberry aromas of the Alexander Valley, but is enhanced by an exotic spicy quality we find characteristic of our vineyard. The dark fruit core of this wine is balanced by firm structure and rich dense tannins that last with the finish." A huge, dense wine for those in the mood for a well-made, new world Cabernet, made by a winemaking team with a real passion for their craft and their product.
The estate-grown olive oil from L.A. Cetto is a delicious, well-rounded olive oil. The texture and mouthfeel is absolutely unctious, with a luxuriously rich, fruity flavor and a long, buttery finish. This oil works fantastically for a light, quick saute, as a dipping oil, or as a finishing touch for savory dishes. I picked up this bottle during a trip to Mexico's wine country in Baja (a wonderful area... definitely worth a trip!), so it was personally imported into the country... legally, of course!
Estimated value for this lot is $50.
You can also view prizes from your specific region by going to our regional Menu for Hope blog hosts on this list:
US West Coast: Becks and Posh
US East Coast: The Amateur Gourmet
US (the rest): Kalyn's Kitchen
Canada: Cardamom Addict
Europe and UK: Davidlebovitz.com
Latin America: The Cooking Diva
Asia Pacific/Australia/New Zealand: Grab Your Fork
Here's what you should do...
1. Go to the donation page at http://www.firstgiving.com/menuforhopeIII.
2. Make a donation, each $10 will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. Please specify which prize or prizes you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. Do tell us how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code -for example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for UW01 and 3 for UW07.
3. If your company matches your charity donation, please remember to check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
4. Please also check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
5. Check back on Chez Pim on January 15 when we announce the result of the raffle.
If you are able, PLEASE donate to the raffle... and tell all your friends to check out the prizes that are available so they can donate as well! Good luck!
Menu for Hope III, Menu for Hope 3